Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Seniors Breakfast Special

Sometimes I think to myself, goodness I am getting old, being over 50 and my birthday coming up next month do I feel like a senior? LOL. Yes, some days my body screams at me, saying you aren't 25 anymore don't do that the body cannot take it. I then think to myself ok ok ok I know that I am getting old. Other days I do feel like a 25 year old in some of the things I do. This little gem of a joke makes me feel young again but on the other hand I like this womans attitude. When diet drinks first hit the market I use to always wonder how come the diet drinks were more expensive then the ones with sugar. I would think hey wait a minute these drinks don't have sugar in them so they should be cheaper then the ones with sugar. Right? No, they rip off the customer by claiming the process of taking out the sugar makes it more expensive. Then I think to myself, why put the sugar in it, in the first place? I think it is a conspiracy to always rake us over the coals, by always taking our money that we work so hard to earn. :) One day this lady will be a senior then all I have to say is watch out world here I come. :) Joke goes like this....

We went to breakfast at a restaurant where the "seniors special" was two eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast for $1.99
Sounds good, my wife said. But I don't want the eggs. Then I'll have to charge you $2.49 because then you are ordering a la carte, the waitress warned her.
You mean I'd have to pay for not taking the eggs? My wife asked incredulously.
Yes!! Stated the waitress
I will take the special. My wife said.
How do you want your eggs? The waitress asked.
Raw and in the shell. My wife replied.
She took the two eggs home
Moral of the story is,
"DON'T MESS WITH SENIORS!!!"
We've been around the block more than once.




5 comments:

Lee said...

Remember, Sandra...you're only as old as the person you feel! ;)

Sandra said...

I agree that is why some days, when it is raining, my old broken bones and arthritis say that I am 80 yrs old. :)) On a good day I do feel like a 30 yr old.

Lee said...

I think you missed my point, Sandra..."you're only as old as the guy you're feeling"...make sure he's a youngie! ;)

Sandra said...

ROFL you are right that one went right over my head. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Lee said...

;)