Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cow Horns


Today my thoughts are going towards the difference between country and city life. Don't get me wrong I consider myself a city girl but I do love the country. When I was young we lived in the city but we were close enough to the country, thirty minutes away, to visit my grandparents every weekend. I always dreaded going to the country because I thought there was nothing to do. Oh, how I was wrong about that soon after we started going to visit my grandparents. I truly learned to love going to the country not just to see my grandmother on my dad's side. She was the best, she taught me so much about alot of things. If it wasn't taking care of my pet sheep, susy, or going to help with the cows or picking corn or beans in the garden or just going swimming. Later when I grew up, we had a horse, so after that we rode the horse all over the pasture to fill the time. So today I post a small joke poking fun at the city and country life.

"Mister, why doesn't this cow have any horns?" asked the young lady from a nearby city on field trip to the country.

The farmer cocked his head for a moment, then began in a patient tone, "Well, ma'am, cattle can do a powerful lot of damage with horns. Sometimes we keep'em trimmed down with a hacksaw. Other times we can fix up the young 'uns by puttin' a couple drops of acid where their horns would grow in, and that stops 'em cold. Still, there are some breeds of cattle that never grow horns. But the reason this cow don't have no horns, ma'am, is 'cause it's a horse."

1 comment:

Lee said...

lol That's funny!